Dirtiest Woman in Town

My photo
Yep, that's me...the one with the dirty fingernails and dirty clothes. No matter how hard I try to stay somewhat presentable...I am destined to be that dirty old woman.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beauty in Bloom

It was COLD today...only in the 40s.  We've gotten most of the mulching done, one more load should do it.  Spent some time yesterday taking pictures of the gardens.  Most tree blossoms are done except for the dogwood and redbud; but ahh, what a show they put on.

I enjoyed looking closely at some of the flowers.  The bottlebrush bloom on the fothergilla gardenii.  I have to remember to put some hollytone on them as they demand acidic soil.




The dogwood blossoms are in full bloom and are gorgeous.  The hellebore underneath add to the show.
 






And who can deny the beauty of forget-me-nots.  Legend has it a knight and young maiden were walking along a stream.  The knight had gathered a large bouquet of flowers when he fell into the stream.  Just before he drown from the weight of his armor, he threw the flowers to the young maiden and cried "forget me not."




The the late blooming ipheon inspired me to order more for under the weeping cherry tree and the redbud by the stone path.  As the starflower spreads easily, it should make a nice groundcover for these areas.

And finally, the white crabapple by the playhouse has more blooms than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment